What You Can Do For Additional Security
Dealing With Access Data
Maintaining Your PC
- It is imperative that you replace your access password with a personal password when first logging in. Do not write down your new password and do not store it on your computer.
- Opt for a password that you can easily remember but which cannot be guessed by other people (a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 24 characters / Case sensitiv is included).
Hints on Creating a Strong Password:
- Use upper and lower case characters
- Use at least one numeral
- Do not use personal details, such as names, dates of birth or telephone numbers
- Do not use any words that can be found in a dictionary
- Change your password regularly
- Do not use the same password for AEK NET as for other things
- Hint: Memorise your password (e.g. Iwmde2d) with a sentence: Iwalk my dog every 2days
- Please use the safety solution 'SMS Code' or 'CrontoSign Swiss'. So you can profit of the transaction confirmation.
- Never reveal your password / PIN number when asked to do so in an e-mail or on a linked website. Only fraudsters using a bogus address will ask for your personal access data by e-mail.
- Read your bank's security information.
Every financial institution publishes security information on electronic banking on its own website. Read this through regularly and note the information given there.
Important Code of Conduct
- Use the current versions of your operating system and browser. Update these regularly.
- Install and activate a virus protection programme and a firewall. Keep these fully updated (preferably automatically).
- Only install software from reputable sources on your PC.
- Please inform yourself on the homepage eBanking but secure about the 5 steps for your IT Security.
- Keep yourself informed about the best methods for doing this by occasionally visiting the Reporting and Analysis Centre for Information Assurance MELANI website. This official Federal organisation provides clear and detailed information to enable you to best protect your computer and your data. Thanks to regular updates, this information centre is always completely up to date in terms of online risks and dangers.
- Never react to e-mails, which ask you to login to online banking via a link. AEK BANK 1826 will never send you e-mails, such as this.
Before Logging In
- Close down all browser windows and only then open a new window.
- Always connect to the bank by entering the internet address (URL) of AEK BANK 1826 . At this stage only this browser window should be open.
When Logging In
- Check in the address bar that the internet address starts with "https".
- Check, when entering your so-called cross-off list code, the information given about your last login and the last-used security code.
- The security lock in the programme bar should be visible and closed. If in doubt, check the security certificate by double clicking on the security lock.
- Do not switch off warnings and alerts and read them before acknowledging. Contact us directly if you are in any doubt.
- If your login is entered incorrectly three times in succession, the session will be disabled for security reasons and you will have to enable it again by calling us.
- Should unusual error messages appear, disconnect the connection immediately and contact us by phone on Service Desk AEK E-BANKING.
During the Session
- Do not open any additional browser windows
- Never leave your PC during an internet banking session without leaving the programme by "Logging off".
- Read all error messages.
- After entering payment information, check that your payments are correct online under «Payments» / «Pending Transactions»
- Always end your dealings with AEK NET with the "Log Off" function.
After Logging Off
- Delete your browser cache and history.
- Close down the browser window.